Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Stepping Into: Amsterdam! Red Light District We Are Here!

Rainy days in Amsterdam call for the Heineken Brewery tour (which I highly recommend by the way), canal cruises, cafes, "coffee" shops, mayo and chips, and of course FEBO.     

FEBO is heaven on earth, it's the peanut butter to my jelly. The corn to my cob. It's the last thing I think about before bed and the first thing that comes to mind when I wake up. It's tough being in a long distance relationship, but I keep the krokets wrappers next to my bed. I can still smell the frikandellen.



To be honest the Heineken Brewery tour was one of the best experiences we had. Now as a sidenote we love interactive activities and this tour provided us with just that. I mean we got to "row a boat with five men in leader hozen whilst singing something in Dutch." Pretty cool, pretty cool.

But in all seriousness not only do you get a cool and interactive tour, but you get a small taster beer (up to three if you answer trivia correctly, the answer is Mike FYI),  two large beers in their VIP Heineken room and a free Heineken canal cruise. If your lucky you'll get the canal cruise tour guide who looks like Ed Sheeran. 















After our waltzing about Amsterdam we had our final farewell Contiki wine-tasting canal cruise to our farewell dinner in a floating restaurant (seriously cool). I think its safe to say we had a few too many at dinner as Emily and I managed to knock over 50£ worth of drinks. But, by then the wine was telling us we were ballers and ordered another round. All this before we headed to the red light district. And of coarse no photos surfaced from that part of the night, except for one of Emily and I sleeping on the hotel couch.

Best. Tour end. Ever.










PROST!!

...I will be back for you FEBO

1 comment: